In addition to the manual attestation of Power of Attorney (POA) presently operational at the Embassy of Pakistan, Paris, an online attestation of POA has recently been launched for Overseas Pakistanis who wish to avail the same. This system has been developed by NADRA in collaboration with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Through this system, overseas Pakistanis can apply and obtain a POA from the convenience of their homes, without physically visiting the Embassy.
It is a secure service facilitating overseas Pakistanis, who wish to give POA to any person residing in Pakistan. This system is centrally managed by NADRA in Pakistan and those desirous of availing this facility can apply online at:https://poa.nadra.gov.pk
Note: Please note manual PoA is also operational and both systems (onsite and online) will run in parallel for now.
Eligibility and Pre-requisites
Before submitting an Online Power of Attorney (PoA) application, Applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Details of Attorney and Witnesses
- Applicant must be an Overseas Pakistani.
- Valid Identity document of each Applicant including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of each Witness including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid Identity document of the Attorney including CNIC / NICOP / POC.
- Valid e-mail address
- Contact Number and Mailing Address in the country of application (outside of Pakistan)
- Biometrics of Applicant (Best 4 fingers)
- Biometrics of 2x Witnesses (Best 4 fingers)
- Credit Card / Debit Card to make online Fee Payment within the application
- Actual Power of Attorney (scanned copy to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- Any other relevant documents (for example Affidavit, where applicable, to be uploaded in the PoA system by Applicant)
- In case of a Foreigner, the Applicant is required to physically visit the concerned Pakistan Mission Abroad after having their documents attested from their country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs.